Tioga State Bank is dedicated to providing opportunities that promote professional development, encourage community involvement and help balance the professional and personal lives of our employees. Tioga State Bank offers an excellent work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Commercial Loan Officer
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to meet the commercial services needs of business customers. Maintains ongoing business relationships and develops new business from present and prospective business customers.
- Originates, prepares and presents loan requests for presentation to the Officers Loan Committee or Bank Board of Directors (from start to finish).
- Provides direct service to commercial customers of the bank with respect to deposit, loan, and other miscellaneous products and services.
- Assists and supports the offices in servicing commercial customers while maintaining ownership of the overall account relationship.
- Participates in the development of new deposit products and changes to existing products.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to originate, underwrite, negotiate and complete participations.
- Working knowledge of standards, practices, regulations, federal and state laws related to lending.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis and review of loan details.
- Ability to view and analyze problems from different angles, and to identify and solve issues.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Exceptional sales and business development skills.
- High School diploma or the equivalent is required
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in related positions is normally required
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in a related field normally required
- Specialized bank training relating to commercial loan operations
- Valid driver’s license
Accountant – Reporting & Data Analysis
- Compile data and produce regular and special request reports for management, Board of Directors and regulators.
- Perform research and analysis on variances and determines resolutions &/or recommendations.
- Supports management through all levels of analysis and special projects.
- Ability to view and analyze problems from different angles, and to identify and solve complex issues.
- Ability to analyze procedures and recommend efficiencies.
- Strong attention to detail.
Must be the type of person who wants to excel at your own work, but will jump in to learn and take on additional responsibilities to make the department and the bank succeed.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field of study normally required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ related experience preferred.
Customer Service Representative II
- Services customers through various teller transactions.
- Provides customer service to retain and grow customer relationships.
- Cross-sells products and services and identifies business opportunities for referrals to appropriate personnel.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy skills as well as strong computer skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months of customer service/cash handling experience preferred.
- No previous banking experience required.
Updated on: May 3, 2017
Tioga State Bank offers a comprehensive benefit package for employees. Benefits vary based on employment status (full-time or part-time) as well as hours worked per year. Tioga State Bank’s benefits include:
|Medical, Dental & Vision Plans||401 (K) Plan||Paid Time Off (PTO) Plans|
|Bonus Program||Paid Holidays||Long & Short Term Disability|
|Life Insurance||Flexible Spending Accounts||Bank Benefits|
|Service Awards||Education Benefits||Profit Sharing Plan|
How to Apply
Pick up an application by visiting one of our eleven community offices, or download and complete our online application. Drop off your completed application at any TSB office, mail or email it to the contact information below.
Tioga State Bank
1 N. Main Street
PO BOX 386
Spencer, NY 14883-0386
If a suitable match is determined, we will contact you to discuss the applicable position in more detail. Tioga State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
It is the policy of Tioga State Bank is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. Tioga State Bank will recruit, hire, train and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, or disability in accordance with Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, which require affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. Tioga State Bank does not discriminate on the basis of national origin or citizenship status as provided under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. To further implement these policies, Tioga State Bank will continue to base decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity; ensure that promotion decisions are in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity by imposing only valid requirements for promotional opportunities, ensure that all personnel actions (including but not limited to compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social and recreational programs) are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because they have engaged in or may engage in filing a complaint, assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance evaluation, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of affirmative action and equal opportunity regulations, opposing any act or practice made unlawful by affirmative action and equal opportunity regulations, including Federal, State, and local law; or exercising any other right protected by affirmative action and equal opportunity regulations. The Senior VP of Human Resources has been designated EEO Coordinator and is responsible for compliance with State and Federal equal employment opportunity laws, and for implementing the affirmative action program, including equal employment practices, monitoring, and internal reporting. Employees believing they have not been treated in accordance with this policy are encouraged to contact Chris Powers, (607) 589-7600 ext 2022, during regular business hours. The affirmative action plan is available for review by appointment, at the HR office during normal business hours. Employees and applicants wishing to self-identify as a covered veteran or individual with disability, or to request a reasonable accommodation necessary for the performance of the essential functions of a job, may do so by contacting Human Resources.