SMS Guardian Text Alert Service
Stop Unauthorized TSB Debit Card Purchases!
TSB’s SMS Guardian Text Alert Service helps prevent debit card fraud. You’ll receive text alerts about debit card purchases made with your TSB Debit Card, providing you with another layer of security which enables you to identify and stop fraudulent debit card activity immediately. Protect your TSB Debit Card information and give yourself peace of mind!
How does the TSB Debit Card SMS Guardian Text Alert Service work?
- Once enrolled, when any purchase is made with your TSB Debit Card, a text will be sent to your device for you to review. The text will include the last four digits of your card number, the name of the merchant and the purchase amount.
- If you think that the purchase transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately to the text. Your card will be blocked from further criminal activity and we will order a new TSB Debit Card and have it sent to you as quickly as possible.
- If you think that the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything. If you don’t reply to the text message within 12 hours, the transaction is considered legitimate.
Additional Information about the Text Alert Service:
- You may choose to receive text alerts on any device, such as a cell phone or tablet, as long as the device has the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” is not blocked. Short codes are special telephone numbers, often five digits long, which are used to send text messages from mobile phones.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your phone or tablet service carrier.
- All major phone carriers are supported. Some mobile service providers (Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin) require that every 30 days a message reminding you of your participation in this program is sent.
- If you need help regarding this service, you may reply to an alert message with the word “HELP” (without quotes). You may also call (888) 868-8611 or click on the “Service Usage Guide” link on the enrollment website.
- After approximately 12 months of TSB Debit Card SMS Guardian Text Alert Service, when you are approaching your annual renewal date for this service, you will receive a text message that indicates that your Guardian service account expires soon. You will be provided with a unique text message to reply in order to renew the service for another year. Message and data rates may apply; messages per issuer settings. You may reply STOP to cancel the service. Reply HELP for help.
- After you renew the service for another year by texting the unique text message, you will receive the following text message: Guardian subscription has been renewed for an additional year. Msg & Data rates may apply, Msgs per issuer settings. Reply STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for Help.
How do I enroll?
- You can enroll up to two mobile devices.
- There is a one year enrollment period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your account and may text a reply to renew.
- There is a monthly fee for each TSB Debit Card enrolled in TSB Debit Card SMS Guardian Text Alert Service. The monthly fee is $1.99 per TSB Debit Card. The fee will be automatically deducted monthly from the account associated with the debit card.
- By completing enrollment in TSB Debit Card SMS Guardian Text Alert Service via the enrollment link below, you authorize Tioga State Bank to electronically debit your account $1.99 per month.
- You can enroll any of your TSB Debit Cards in this service by visiting the enrollment website at https://www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/signon.do?fid=CX and registering your debit cards and mobile devices.
- Additional terms and conditions apply. Click on the link above to view.
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word “Stop” (without quotes) in reply to a SMS Guardian alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the enrollment website.