Remote Deposit Anywhere FAQs
What is TSB Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA)?
TSB Remote Deposit Anywhere (RDA) is a service that allows you to safely and securely deposit checks directly into your Tioga State Bank checking or savings account using a photo of the check taken with your smartphone or tablet. RDA deposits can be submitted to Tioga State Bank for processing from anywhere, anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How do I make a check deposit with Remote Deposit Anywhere?
- Access the TSB Mobile app using your smartphone or tablet.
- Log into the TSB Mobile app using your TSB Online ID and PIN.
- Select the “Deposits” option.
- Select “Deposit a Check.”
- Select “Check Front.”
- Place your check, with the front of the check facing side up, on a flat surface and take a photo. Make sure the check image is within the area indicated by the guides.
- Select “Use” if you are satisfied with the quality of the check image. If not, click “Retake” to take the photo again. (Please note that checks that are illegible may result in a delay of the deposit.)
- Select “Check Back.”
- Make sure your check is properly endorsed. An error message will appear if no endorsement is found.
- Place your check, with the back of the check facing up, on a flat surface and take a photo.
- Select “Use” if you are satisfied with the quality of the check image. If not, click “Retake” to take the photo again.
- Enter the dollar amount of the check in the “Check Amount” field. (The decimal point will automatically populate so there is no need to enter a decimal.)
- Select the account you wish to deposit your funds to.
- Select “Deposit.”
- Click “Done” once completed.
- Watch for an email from TSB indicating that your deposit has been accepted for processing.
How much does TSB’s RDA service cost?
Tioga State Bank is happy to offer the RDA service FREE of charge. Please note that you may be charged for Internet access by your mobile wireless provider. TSB also offers an enhanced RDA service called RDA Plus designed for businesses. There is a monthly fee associated with this service. For more information about RDA Plus, please inquire at your local Tioga State Bank office.
Who can use the RDA service?
Customers with a compatible smartphone or tablet device with camera capabilities are able to use the RDA service. Customers must be enrolled in TSB Online Banking and TSB Mobile and have access to the TSB Mobile App. Customers will be required to complete the TSB RDA application, read and agree to the TSB RDA Agreement, meet Tioga State Bank’s acceptance criteria, and be approved and activated for RDA.
Are there time restrictions for submitting checks to the Bank?
No, there are no time restrictions. You can submit TSB RDA check deposits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. However, please note that only RDA Deposits received prior to 5:00 PM (EST) on a TSB business day will be processed on the same business day.
What type of accounts can I make deposits to using TSB RDA?
You can make deposits to any checking or savings account as long as you are an owner on the account and you have listed the account on your RDA application.
How do I endorse checks that I am going to deposit using RDA?
Prior to taking a photo and submitting the photo of the original check, you should restrictively endorse the back of the original check with “For mobile deposit only to TSB account number xxxxxx.” Your endorsement must include your signature. An error message will appear and your deposit will not be completed without proper endorsement.
What types of checks can be deposited using TSB RDA?
Personal and business checks drawn on a financial institution and payable in United States currency can be deposited through TSB RDA. Refer to TSB’s RDA Agreement for a complete listing of checks that are ineligible for deposit via RDA.
What types of checks are ineligible for deposit using TSB RDA?
Below is a partial list of checks ineligible for deposit via TSB RDA; please see the Remote Deposit Agreement for a comprehensive listing on checks ineligible for deposit via RDA:
- Checks or items payable to any person or business entity other than you
- Checks or items containing clear evidence of alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check
- Checks or items not drawn on a financial institution or payable in United States currency
- Checks or items that are stale or post dated
- Checks that are incomplete or mutilated
- Checks or items stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark
- Any third party check, defined as any item that is made payable to another party and subsequently endorsed to you by such party (Exceptions may be made at TSB’s discretion.)
How do I choose which account to make my deposit to?
When you choose the “Deposit” function within the TSB Mobile app, you will be given the option to choose which one of your enrolled accounts you want to make a deposit to.
How will I know if the photo quality is acceptable?
The TSB RDA software performs an analysis of the photos of both the front and back of the check before it submits the item for processing. As each check is submitted individually, each item will be reviewed separately. If the photo quality of your check is unacceptable, you will receive an email that indicates that your deposit has not been approved for processing.
How will I be notified that my deposit has been approved for processing?
After you make an RDA deposit, you will receive an email from TSBMerchantCapture@tiogabank.com indicating whether or not your deposit has been approved for processing. If your deposit was approved for processing, the email will include the date, time, and amount of the deposit. A reference number for the deposit will also be included. Please note that this email indicates that the photo quality of the image is acceptable and the deposit can be processed by TSB. The email does not mean that the deposit has been made to your account.
How long is RDA deposit information available on the TSB Mobile App?
You can view your RDA deposit information, along with the images of the front and back of the item deposited, on the TSB Mobile App for five days following the date of deposit. Select “Deposits” and then select “Review Deposits” to view your recent RDA deposits.
When will I be able to see the deposit in my account?
You will be able to see the deposit in your account after our end of day processing completes. However, funds availability rules will apply based on the type of check, check amount, the time of deposit and your account history. Refer to the Tioga State Bank Funds Availability Policy that you received when you opened your account.
Are there any deposit limitations using TSB RDA?
Yes, TSB’s RDA service has daily and monthly deposit limits for total dollar amount of deposits and number of items. You may submit deposits to Tioga State Bank within the dollar limit and number of items limit established for you by Tioga State Bank. These dollar and number limits will be communicated to you when you are approved for the RDA service. If you attempt to initiate a deposit using RDA in excess of these limits, we may reject your deposit. If we permit you to make a deposit in excess of the set limits, our acceptance of such deposit will be subject to the terms of the RDA Agreement, and TSB will not be obligated to allow a deposit in excess of applicable limits at any other time. From time to time, we may establish or change limits on the dollar amount and/or number of items you may deposit using RDA during specified time periods.
What should I do with the original paper check after I make my deposit?
We recommend that you retain the original check for 60 days from the date you received your applicable account statement in order to safeguard against unexpected or unusual circumstances on your account. During this 60 day interim period, do not alter or destroy the check. After 60 days you should take care to destroy the item so that it can no longer be readable or capable of reconstruction and it is not re-presented for payment.
What do I do if RDA is not available to me?
In the event that you are not able to access RDA, you can still deposit an original check at any Tioga State Bank office or ATM.